Monday, November 08, 2010

Interview With Collections Chief at Law Library of Congress

This is a follow up to the Library Boy post of October 30, 2010 entitled Interview with Law Librarian of Congress.

In Custodia Legis, the blog of the Law Library of Congress in Washington, has started an interview series featuring members of the library staff.

Last week, the second interview in the series appeared. It is with Mark Strattner, Chief of the Library's Collection Services Division:
"The move really led me to the perfect job, that of helping to shape the collections of the largest law library in the world for future generations. As Roberta Shaffer stated in her interview, 'The Library of Congress is a wonder of the world.' [Library Boy comment: hers was the first interview in the series] I think it is very difficult for an outsider to understand the true treasure the Library is; I often still catch my breath over something that the Library has in the collection. I must admit that I did not fully understand the uniqueness of the Library when I accepted my first job here."

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 8:41 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home