Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Summer Issue of SLA Toronto Newsletter

The Summer 2005 issue of Courier, the newsletter of the Toronto chapter of SLA, has been published.

There are quite a number of articles on the June 2005 SLA conference that took place in Toronto, including one where I am quoted.

In Swing Dances and Smarties: Volunteer Adventures at the SLA Toronto Hospitality Booth, Greg Barber describes what it was like being a volunteer at the SLA Toronto Hospitality Booth during the conference and mentions some of the more off-beat questions we had to handle.

I was asked "Where are the best underground goth clubs in town?"

As I state in the article, "I answered off the top of my head (essentially guessing based on street posters I’ve read, because, of course I would never be seen in a Goth club), and by perusing a copy of Now magazine [free entertainment weekly]. Who would have guessed that looking closely at all those strange posters as I walk along Queen Street West would come in handy one day in my professional life?".

Other conference-relate articles include:

Labels:

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 8:11 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home